Friday, March 7, 2008

$151.20

Interesting title . . . I know! So what does it mean???

Well, our dear, sweet, adorable (dripping with sarcasm!!!) cat has been urinating outside of his litter box!!! YUCK!!! Cat urine is the most disgusting thing I can think of! We first noticed it in our bathroom downstairs - thankfully we have tile there so it was fairly easy to clean up and remove the odor (I hope!) then we noticed that he has done this in a few other areas of the house. I was (and am) ready to kick the cat to the curb . . . sorry to any of you animal lovers . . . I went to my trusty computer and googled this fabulous topic - most of which came back that he probably has a urinary tract infection - oh goodie! I told Flavio what I had found out and he suggested I call the vet - which I did - they all came back with the same - you need to bring him in for an evaluation and probably a urine analysis (in the neighborhood of $100). Flavio was NOT going to spend any money on this - I was right there with him, but I felt we needed to at least see if something was wrong with him - be responsible for the pet. Yesterday, the girls and I went to our vet they suggested the urine analysis, blood work, and antibiotics (while waiting for the test results) - I call Flav sure he is going to say "NO!!!" - he had been so against spending the money in the first place - I tell him it is going to be about $150-165 - Mr. toughguy says - do it all!!!! Totally flaberggasted (me, that is)

Long and the short of it - $151.20 later we have a cat that appears to have nothing wrong with him!!!!! Oh, except for the fact that HE IS URINATING on the floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone want a cat???????????

5 comments:

Roy & Anna said...

Michelle,
Wow, I don't have a cat, I however have 2 small dogs, and I can tell you Vets are very expense, and they don't always detect everything that is wrong until it is too late. I think it is good that nothing is actually wrong with your cat, imagine, that would break your little girls hearts. by the way I am Anna Castro, wife of Roy Castro, Flav's cousin, we live in Palmdale, You probably remember me best, when i was Prego from my daughter Melanie. Karla gave me your blog, and I have been checking it for updates on the girls, which are growing so much so fast. I have to tell you, you are such a wonderful Wife, and Mother....It would be nice if we can get together sometime, Roy and Flav would enjoy it. Well you keep in touch as I will do the same.

Take care

Roy & Anna said...

Well Michelle, it sounds like you have your hands full. We don't have a cat, we do however have 2 small dogs. And let me tell it doesn't matter cat or dog the vet is expensive and they don't always detect problems until it's too late sometimes, so be happy nothing is wrong with your cat, it would have been heart breaking for your girls. Let me introduce myself, I am Anna Castro, Roy's wife, Flav's cousin in Palmdale, we have not seen very much of you guys in the last years, but Karla gave me your blog and I have been keeping myself up to date with you and the girls. We do miss you guys. Maybe sometime we can plan a get together, I'm sure my husband Roy and Flav would enjoy it.
You are an amazing Wife, Mother and Friend.
Take Care.

Roy & Anna said...

Well Michelle, it sounds like you have your hands full. We don't have a cat, we do however have 2 small dogs. And let me tell it doesn't matter cat or dog the vet is expensive and they don't always detect problems until it's too late sometimes, so be happy nothing is wrong with your cat, it would have been heart breaking for your girls. Let me introduce myself, I am Anna Castro, Roy's wife, Flav's cousin in Palmdale, we have not seen very much of you guys in the last years, but Karla gave me your blog and I have been keeping myself up to date with you and the girls. We do miss you guys. Maybe sometime we can plan a get together, I'm sure my husband Roy and Flav would enjoy it.
You are an amazing Wife, Mother and Friend.
Take Care.

Lauren said...

It sounds like we should get your cat and my dog together. You can look at my blog to see why. I'm just glad I didn't have to pay $150.00!!!

carolina clan said...

Hannah would LOVE a "kitty"!!! Unfortunately, Bill and my boys (yes...even Joshua!) seem to believe that cats are only good for one thing...target practice that is!!!! So, we better pass!!!