Tuesday, March 11, 2008

five years ago . . .



Where were you FIVE years ago today???

Well, I was in the hospital holding my little girl! Yep, Ellie Grace is five years old today!!! It does not seem possible and yet, here she is . . . no longer my little baby who was so totally dependent upon me for everything - food, clothing, clean diapers, happiness, and so much more. Today she is a very able five year old - who, can run and jump, fill her own cup with water, get a snack out of the cupboard, buckle herself in the car, ride a bike (with training wheels), write her name, draw pictures (mostly of Ariel), color, sing, dance, play games, and so much more.

Of all the things she is capable of doing - my most favorite would have to be when she asks "Mama, can you come sit with me?" No matter what I am doing I love to stop and sit with my little girl! How special those times are on the couch or snuggling in her bed or wherever . . . as long as my girls are around us we are happy parents!

Ellie Grace,
From the moment you were born you have been a complete and utter joy to your daddy and me! It seems like only yesterday we were presented with this beautiful little girl. I remember looking at you in disbelief . . . you were really ours! We had waited so long for you and finally you had come! You were born with that little tooth - so cute and funny! You have made me laugh and cry, feel such pride and joy. We are so thankful for you and that God brought you to our family five years ago. We pray, more than anything, that God will be the center of your life and that you will serve Him all the days of your life!

We love you sooooooooooo much!

I changed my music arrangement around - the first song is the song Flavio picked for Ellie when she was just a few days old . . . so sweet!

2 comments:

Kelli I. said...

Happy Birthday Ellie Grace. We hope you are having a special day! You are such a beautiful girl and we pray that you continue to learn more about our Lord and love Him with all your heart. You are so loved!

Lots of Hugs,
The Iverson's

carolina clan said...

Oh Michelle...that is sooo precious!!! Made me cry. I got your message on my blog about Josh driving already...believe me, I still can't believe it myself. Like you, I try to cherish those little moments with my kids because you're right...they grow sooo fast!