Friday, March 14, 2008

Ellie's tea party

This has been a fun and CRAZY week! Ellie's birthday was tuesday and on thursday she had her first ever friend birthday party! She wanted to have a tea party and that we did! She invited six little girlfriends (and her sister) and they had tea. The girls were so cute - looked like little ladies at high tea. I am not sure who had more fun, Ellie or me?! I thoroughly enjoyed (although equally exhausted) preparing for this tea party. Ellie helped me bake the cakes (each little girl had there very own little heart cake), she helped my make the heart sugar cookies, she helped decorate and prepare for this special birthday party.



Last night, after the crazy, fun, exhausting day, Ellie wanted me to snuggle with her in bed for a bit, so there I lay, with my precious 5 year old, remembering the days, five years ago, when we would lay in bed together - only she was so tiny and would fit in the crook of my arm, she would sleep and I would lay in amazement and this precious gift from God. I thanked God right there for my precious girl - she is such a blessing.

ps - I could not have done half of this without the amazing help of my mom!! She came and helped me clean on wednesday and was my all around Cinderella!!! Thanks mom for all you do!

No comments: