Friday, October 10, 2008

Castro Family Update

Hello, this is Lynn Leonard with an update on my precious friends, the Castro family. Yesterday Flavio, Michelle, and Lily went to the perinatologist for their next scheduled visit. During this visit, the doctor told them that the baby no longer had a heartbeat. After hearing this sad news, they waited to meet with Dr. Frields. Since Michelle is 5 1/2 months pregnant, she will have to deliver the baby. She was induced last night at Glendale Adventist at around 9:00 pm. As of right now (Friday afternoon), she has not yet delivered, and is progressing slowly but surely.

Even though they are obviously grieving, it was absolutely amazing to hear them talk yesterday. Michelle spoke a lot about the peace she had from the Lord and just the assurance that God is in control, even in this. She was rejoicing in the fact that their little baby boy is already in Heaven with Jesus, and "the streets in Heaven are so much more wonderful than the streets down here!" (her words!) It is evident that they want to use this sad and unexpected situation to bring glory to God by recognizing that their comfort and strength is through Him alone. It was such a testimony and an example to me and I know it will be to many others too.

Please pray that Michelle's delivery will go quickly and as pain-free as possible. The doctor was supposed to be giving her another dose of the inducing medication this afternoon to help speed up the process. Please keep them in your prayers as they go through the next few days. Also please pray for their little girls, Ellie and Lily, as it will probably be difficult for them to understand, but again, Flavio and Michelle are such an example of God's grace and strength to them too.

Psalm 62:1-2 "For God alone my soul waits in silence; from Him comes my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken."

4 comments:

Kelli I. said...

Flavio, Michelle, Ellie & Lily~

We are praying for you dear friends. Trusting that God will provide you with comfort and peace that can only come from Him. We love you and miss you even more during times such as this. Take Care.

The Iverson's

Julie said...

Michelle...I am terribly sorry to read your news but am so encouraged by your peace and outlook. I will most definitely be praying for you and your family! Julie Long

Ashley Kostjuk said...

Sweet Castro Family,
Our hearts are heavy as you've been through so much in these past few days. Todd & I are praying for you as you spend time with the girls and your family. Please know that we are here for you if there's anything we can do.
Continue to trust in Him for this is where we find our hope.
We love you.

Unknown said...

Michelle - so sorry to hear. I am praying for you and your family as you walk through this. Heaven is such a real and amazing place and I know that it is much dearer to your heart right now. I am praying for that sweet peace that only comes through Jesus Christ. Your response is such an encouragement. May God be totally glorified through you and your sweet family.