Saturday, October 18, 2008

a week . . .

Yesterday, it was a week - a week from meeting our first son and saying goodbye to him. It was quite a day, October 10th, 2008 - and one week later we are still being carried by Our Precious Lord and Savior! I know, without a doubt, that there is NO WAY on earth we could have gone through the past week without God sustaining us, without your prayers! God is good! I cannot say it enough and yet I don't want it to become trite, but HE IS GOOD to His children!!!

We have been blessed beyond measure - we have two beautiful little girls, I have a wonderful husband who is so caring and loving, we have family who has surrounded us, and we have tremendous friends. Over the last week we have received meals, flowers, cards, phone calls, emails, and hugs - thank you seems so insufficient for the immense gratitude we have for all of your thoughtfulness. Thank you, thank you, thank you for loving us and our family so much - we are blessed and tremendously grateful! We pray that God will bless you richly for being so compassionate towards us! I honestly wish that we weren't the recipients of such kindness right now - that would mean that we were still awaiting the birth of our precious son, but we know that God had other plans for Jackson - we know that with our heads, but our hearts still ache for him. My arms ache to hold a little boy - I will have to wait to get to heaven to see my precious son - I know he is with Our Lord God Creator, but I selfishly want him here!

Lamentations 3:21-23
But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
"The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him."

We love the Seeds family worship cd's and my girls love the song "Crushed" - I LOVE the verses
Psalm 34:18-19
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
Many are the afflictions on the righteous,
but the Lord delivers him out of them all!

God alone has seen us through this week and will continue to carry us through the weeks ahead, He alone deserves the glory and honor for any strength that we may show. Because of Him we have been able to take Ellie to school, go to the market, go to the pumpkin patch, and do other relatively normal things. I am so grateful for our girls who "force us" to continue with a somewhat normal schedule.



We had a great surprise yesterday, God was good to plan it for then. We were going to have lunch with our friend Joyce and her two precious daughters Jessie (Ellie calls her Princess Jessie) and Amanda - we were looking forward to seeing them and hugging them - Ellie could hardly wait she was so excited. They came and along with them they brought a HUGE surprise - our dear friends, Walter and Carol Crutchfield and their daughter Rachel - I was blown away - they had flown in from Arizona to see us!! I still can't believe that they were here! It was good - I needed that - I needed to see them, hug them, and cry with them. They have had a tremendous impact upon my life over the past 20+ years. Thank you guys for coming - it was just what we needed!!! I could never fully nor properly express how much I love all of you! God knew that I would need you guys yesterday - yet another show of His loving faithfulness to His children!!! GOD IS SO GOOD!!!

Ephesians 3:20-21
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think,
according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in
Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it is still so hard, and yet, your strength and focus on the Lord is amazing. Praying for you in the coming days and weeks that the Lord will continue to sustain you! Love you!

Megan Miller said...

Oh Michelle and Flavio we were so sorry to hear about little Jackson. My heart aches for you. I'm just so thankful you are feeling God's presence and love for you and your girls. Trust He will become all the more real to you in the coming weeks. Your faith is such an encouragement to us. Love, Nathan and Megan