Thursday, December 4, 2008

never a dull moment

Yesterday the girls and I headed down to Palm Desert - Flavio is working down here all week, so we thought we'd skip a few days of school and enjoy the desert. We went to dinner and returned to our friend's house - Steve, the friend, suggested that I park my car in their driveway and that Flavio park his car (actually his parents' car) on the street in front of their house. No problem. Did that. Flav and the girls went to bed around 8:45 and at about 9:15 Steve and I heard this loud sound - kinda like a trash truck going down the street. We went outside to see what happened . . . and well . . . the car that was parked in front of the house was now in the neighbors driveway!!!!!!! In the middle of the street was a man, obviously intoxicated, holding his chest. His $70k F-150 was next to my in-laws Tahoe. According to this gentleman - "the car just jumped out in front of him!" and he told the police officer that he was only going 15mph! That's funny!!! Not only did he propel the Tahoe at least a car length and a half, but he knocked over our friends very substantial mailbox - we are talking all concrete!!! Solid and HUGE!!!! Praise the Lord we hadn't gotten home any later - and weren't getting the girls out of the car. The PGA West patrol came by along with the Sheriff who cuffed the guy and took him off to jail - I've never seen someone handcuffed before.
Well, that was our fun night - hopefully the rest of the week will be uneventful!!!


2 comments:

Kelli I. said...

Oh my! I am so thankful that you are all safe!

Anonymous said...

So crazy!! Wow 15 mph can do way more damage than I thought!! So great that the car was parked and you guys weren't in it!! TRY to enjoy the rest of your trip!