Monday, July 21, 2008

bedrest and the lesson of patience

Hello, hello! I am posting this from the horizontal position - due to the fact that I have been put on bedrest . . . Oh Joy!!!! I've been told, per my doctor, that I am to stay off of my feet for possibly a week or two!!!!!!!! Yes, you read that right! But if I follow the doctor's orders then, Lord willing, I will be up and around very soon!!

I went to the doctor on friday and all is good with the baby - strong heartbeat and growing right on track! Yeah! Praise the Lord.

I know that God has a purpose for everything and I am thinking that He is trying to teach me a couple things - one being that I need to trust Him for all things! I need to learn to be patient and that it is ok to have others (mainly my husband and parents) do things for me.

All I can say is that God's lovingkindness is everlasting - He is in control of all of these details and I am so thankful for that!

If you think about us - please pray:

  1. That this would stop and I would be able to resume normal activities
  2. For my husband and parents - as we are staying with them so that my mom can help me with the girls
  3. My girls that this would be a fun adventure for them and that they would be patient.
  4. I would trust the Lord and not try to do this on my own as that will only complicate things.

Thanks - if you need me call me on my cell.

Psalm 136

1Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good,
For His lovingkindness is everlasting.
2Give thanks to the God of gods,
For His lovingkindness is everlasting.
3Give thanks to the Lord of lords,
For His lovingkindness is everlasting.
4To Him who alone does great wonders,
For His lovingkindness is everlasting;
5To Him who made the heavens with skill,
For His lovingkindness is everlasting;
6To Him who spread out the earth above the waters,
For His lovingkindness is everlasting;
7To Him who made the great lights,
For His lovingkindness is everlasting:

1 comment:

Kelli I. said...

We'll continue to pray for you all. Such a praise that the baby is healthy and growing strong! I know it must be hard to be dependent on others for such a long time...but hang in there! You do so much for everyone else all the time, and now you have a chance to relax and let others be blessed by helping you and your family. I wish I was there to help! Take Care.