Thursday, December 13, 2007

visiting santa

So, today we went to see Santa! On our way I was helping Ellie remember all that she has said that she wanted from Santa - I, of course, help her remember the things that I know she is going to be getting :o). I ask Flavio if he can help her remember some of the items that she has said she wanted and he proceeds to name random things . . . I don't know what he was thinking! I had to, very quickly and discreetly, change his course. We can't have her asking for things she isn't going to get . . . Aye yaa yaa!!! Next time I will have to spend some time prompting him before I start prompting her. Anyways, you are probably wondering what she asked Santa for - last year she asked for a vacuum cleaner - all on her own! This year she wants bedding for her babys' bunk bed (Mrs. Clause has to get to work on that), band aids, and a talking Ariel. Fortunately Lily isn't talking yet, so . . . well, she will have fun unwrapping her goodies -whatever Santa brings.


Flavio called me later laughing - he couldn't remember the last time he had a picture taken with Santa. I better find out what he asked Santa for.

Later in the day Ellie and I had this conversation:
Santa had to leave right after we finished taking our pictures.

Ellie: "Where did Santa have to go?"

Me: "He probably had to eat lunch."

Ellie: "and to feed his reindeer?"

Me: "probably."

She asked something about Mrs. Clause and then said

"Mrs. Clause is probably making dinner while Santa watches a little baseball."


That just cracked me up - cause what does her dada do while I am making dinner? Yup, you guessed it - watching baseball, football, golf . . . if there is a ball involved he is probably watching it.

Did you know that you could, if you so desired, watch sports all day long? I found that out 10 1/2 years ago - anyways that is for another post.
Ho! Ho! HO!
ps - we do tell our children that Santa is fun, but the REAL reason we celebrate Christmas is because of the birth of Our Savior, Jesus Christ.

I think John 3:16 says it so well
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

Do you know Jesus? Is He your Lord and Savior? Do you have confidence in where you will be spending eternity? I hope and pray that you do and yet I know that some of you don't!

Ephesians 2:8-9 tells us that we are saved by grace
"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves,
it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Love to you all! I do pray that those of you around me who don't know Christ as your Saviour will come to know Him. Eternity is a LONG time - are you going to spend it IN the presence of the Lord or APART from the presence of the Lord?

Who knew starting with Santa could bring us to this? Well, that is my heart!

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Jenny M. said...

Michelle...that is so funny, I was cracking up reading your conversation with Ellie. I can relate to the sports thing in this house too. If it involves competition it's pretty much on the tube! I love the pic too...Olivia had her picture taken with Santa which I'll have to post if I ever get my hands on it - a friend took it on a non-digital camera. I was warned that this is the only year for a while that she won't be scared of Santa!

Merry Christmas! Jenny