Tuesday, August 5, 2008

birthday

So, every year I get asked what I want for my birthday and without fail I cannot think of a single thing . . . well, this year I have actually come up with a couple of good ideas, in my mind at least - so I thought I'd document it - blog style . . .

This is for my mom - cause she's always asking so now I have something - although she is very aware of my #1 want!!!!

What do I want for my "29th" Birthday - (in 10 days . . . but who's counting - August 15th)

1. A Camera - or some money to go towards the camera cuz it's kinda expensive - I might be asking for this for the next 5 years . . . but, I'll wait! I don't know if this is the exact one that I want, but it's close - in fact, my camera-loving friends I'd love your opinions on the nikon vs the canon as I know a couple of you have recently switched . . . please comment.


2. John MacArthur Study Bible - I lost mine - so sad and I miss it! Oh, in NASB.

3. Disney Dollars . . . It's time to renew and we aren't going to let something like Kindergarten get in the way of spending time at "The Happiest Place on Earth"!!!!


Just a thought. . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle...if you're considering over the Nikon d40 and the Rebel xti, i would %100 go with the Rebel...and here's why- the D40 is such a great starter camera but I felt like I had to upgrade right away, because your lens choices are limiting. You can't get fixed lenses, which are creamier and sharper. Well, you can get them, but they don't auto focus with the d40, which is a big deal for me! But if you went for a nicer Nikon, like what I have, the d80, I think you'll like that! But if you're considering the XTI, check out www.beckajaynephotography.blogspot.com
its my friends site who shoots AMAZING pictures with an xti! Did that help?

Unknown said...

hi! i agree wtih Emma - if you are comparing the Nikon D40 with the Canon XTI - i would go with the canon - other than that - when they get nicer...i guess it's preference...the pioneer woman has been talking about it. she shoots with a Nikon but borrowed her friends canon and had some input...see what she says. i use a 30d and I want the 5d....

Unknown said...

Michelle - one more thing - this photographer has LOTS of tips - shooting, camera purchases etc...

http://nicholevan.typepad.com/