Thursday, October 25, 2007

happiest place on earth

Yesterday we headed down to Disneyland, one of our (that is, me and the girls) favorite places to play. My cousins and their kids were going to be down there and with Flavio out of town why not???

I don't think we had ever been to Disneyland around Halloween and, as usual, everything is decorated! We loved the Goofy pumpkin.

We tried a picture of all of us in front of this pumpkin, but my "little punkin" aka. Lily wasn't really feeling the happiness! Oh well, Ellie was more than happy to pose with the Mickey Pumpkin.

Patiently waiting for "Aliel" (as Lily says) to return from her dip in the ocean (I am sure that is code for potty break or Ariel change).

This cracked me up - Lily LOVES Ariel - that's what little sisters do - love what their big sisters love - so it goes with Lily and her love for Ariel, but . . . when it came time to sit with her for a picture Lily wanted nothing to do with it. Ariel was very sweet to hold Lily's hand, but I couldn't get a smile - although she was thrilled to have met The Little Mermaid.

Ellie had a list of questions to ask Ariel - she asks me so many questions about this sweet princess, but seeing that I am not an authority on Ariel I always suggest we ask her next time we see her. But, just like when you go to the doctor and prepare your questions, but the second he walks in the room you go brain dead (maybe that is just what happens to me) - well much the same happened to Ellie. On the way home Ellie was asking me what Ariel's favorite color is and when her birthday is!!!! I guess I should write these things down and put them in her Autograph book . . . that, however, would require organization AND if you know me - that is not one of my best qualities!!
Anyways, Ariel was a highlight for both of the girls.

Which do you think is getting more attention - the cookie or the sandwich????
Check out the face if you should wonder about that answer!

If you have never been to the petting zoo it is certainly worth your time - at least that is what my girls think. They could spend all day there! Yep, we go to Disneyland for the animals!!!
Look at that face!!!!

Peter Pan carved into a pumpkin. You would be amazed at all of the different characters these artists are able to sculpt into pumpkins. I can barely draw stick figures!!!!


The only thing better than Disneyland is Disneyland with cousins!!!!
Ellie and Ethan!
(Ellie just saw this picture and said "Oh! How cute!!!)

Ellie wanted to go on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters with Ethan - it sounded like a good idea . . . until she actually got on the ride (that she has been on SEVERAL times!!!
oh, and I was in the car right in front of her!!)

Later on in the day this conversation took place between Ethan & Ellie:
Ethan: "So, Ellie, did you like Buzzlightyear or not?"
Ellie: "Yes!"
Ethan: puzzled "You DID?!?!"

At five he even realized that crying throughout the entire ride should
not equate to having a good time!

Isn't this cute - we were watching the parade and Lily reached out to grab Caleb's hand.
So sweet.


1 comment:

Tilly said...

Michelle...
I just finished reading your entire blog....great job!!! What a wonderful thing for your girls...memories in written form. Now I have two blogs to read....keep up the great work!!!
I love you...
Mom/Tilly