Monday, October 15, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!!

Not the best picture, but here is the birthday girl with 2 of her 17 great grandchildren!
My precious Lily - she was not quite certain how to use this funny new toy.
Now she figured it out - what are big sisters for?



We celebrated my grandma's 95th birthday Sunday - only we had to change our plans slightly. Saturday evening grandma called my mom to tell her that she wasn't feeling so well and at 95 you don't take anything lightly! So my aunt ran over and picked grandma up and off to the hospital they went. If you know my family that didn't stop us at all!!! We just moved the party from my parents' house to the hospital room. My mom made grandma's favorite dinner and dessert and she enjoyed the best meal of all the patients. I realized I never asked how she was feeling - she looked so great, as usual, that I completely forgot that she was sick. She is doing great and will probably get released somewhere between wednesday and friday. Please pray for her when you think of her - she is a special woman!!


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


On a completely different note - I don't know if any of you happened to have heard about the terrible accident that happened here friday night on the 5 freeway? Well, all of the lanes were shut down and my dear husband was trapped in that traffic! He got to spend the night on the freeway!!! He didn't get home until 6:15 Saturday morning!!! Can you believe that?!?!? He said that the CHP officers were walking up and down the freeway telling everyone to turn off their cars and go to sleep. I am not totally sure why they didn't divert the traffic and try to get everyone off of the freeway, but they didn't ask for my suggestions each time I called to get status. Maybe they will call me next time!? That was a fun night - and Ellie keeps asking "Why did daddy have to sleep on the freeway?" I think she is sad that she missed the experience.


No comments: