Tuesday, November 6, 2007

amazed

I am thoroughly speechless! I mentioned our friends, the Kostjuks, who are going through so much since the birth of their little bitty Reese just last week - they are such an encouragement to me and an unbelievable testimony to all around them of Our Lord and Saviour. My mom ran into Ashley's mom, Teri, yesterday and at that point they were planning to take Reese off of all the machines, then this morning I read their blog and it sounds like they got a bit of good news - read their blog to get it all. The point of this entry is their attitude. God promises to His children (that is the key - the promise is to those who have asked Jesus into their hearts and asked Him to be the Lord of their lives - the promises in scripture only apply to those who live by the scripture) that He will never give us more than we can handle and here are Todd and Ashley going through what must be the most agonizing week of their life and they are praising God for all that He has done and recognizing that any miracle that happens is only because of God! I would love to say that if Flavio and I were faced with the same trial our attitudes would be the same and our faith would be stronger, but I don't know and I pray that I don't have to find out.

Oh, to have such faith! They are living out James 1:2-4 "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." Naturally, God is not suggesting that we are rejoicing in the fact that little Reese is fighting for her life - rather we rejoice in the fact that God is at work and that there is nothing we can do apart from trusting in Him. He is, afterall, the Great Physician.

Pray for them as often as you think of them. They, I am sure, appreciate all of the prayers. We don't know why God has allowed this trial in their lives, but we do know, for certain, that He is in control.
To God be the Glory!!!

1 comment:

Wendy Penberthy said...

Michelle!! I am officially a blogger like you now!! Thanks for your note. Your kids are beautiful and getting big. We miss seeing you guys on Sundays. Tell Flav that Mike says hi! Talk to you soon. Wendy