Monday, November 5, 2007

who woulda thunk?!?!?

Ok, so today, I became a sewer! I mean I wouldn't go to seamstress by any means . . . but I used a sewing machine all by myself and sewed a "comforter" for Lily's new room. I couldn't very well have her sleeping in her new room with her blue, yellow, and red bedding now could I???? Ok, truthfully she would be sleeping with the other stuff if I didn't have half (and the most important component) of what I needed to create this new comforter/blanket. I'm not totally crazy!!! I was ok with the $5 pink crib sheet from Target, my favorite store (crazy how times change - at one time in my life Nordstroms topped that list! Oh well, gotta love Target!!). Well, in the "move" I ran across a window panel in the exact same print as Ellie's duvet - I had totally forgotten about it, well, $8 later and my mom's sewing machine - VOILA!!! This may not be a big deal to anyone else, but I have never done solo sewing - I usually have my mom within earshot, but not today! And I didn't even have to rip any seams to redo them!!

Ok, I am done!

I was doing the happy dance, when Ellie even told me, in so many words, I had gone over the top!

I'm on a roll - hide the fabric I just may sew it together!!! :o)

The picture doesn't do it justice, in my (not so) humble opinion!

1 comment:

Kelli I. said...

Michelle~
I got to your blog by clicking on your name at the Kostjuk's blog. Random... Anyway, I love your blog! The girl's are beautiful! It is fun to see your family - even if it's only in pictures.

See you at Christmas.

Kelli