Monday, November 26, 2007

thanksgiving

3Know that the LORD Himself is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
4Enter His gates with thanksgiving
And His courts with praise
Give thanks to Him, bless His name.
5For the LORD is good;
His lovingkindness is everlasting
And His faithfulness to all generations.
Psalm 100:3-5

I absolutely LOVE Thanksgiving! It is my favorite holiday of the year! I love that there is no gift giving attached - it is just a time to be thankful. Ok, we should be thankful always, but in the rat race of life it is so easy to overlook all that we have and all that we have been given.
I have been thinking about what I am thankful for - here goes-
  1. Forgiveness and redemption from my sins - God was willing to send His only son to this rotten, sin-ridden earth to die for me! (and you - if you ask Him to be your saviour). (John 3:16)
  2. My husband- I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband who loves me and our girls.
  3. My precious little girls - What a gift they are to me and such a tremendous blessing. I love that they are so forgiving. I love their hugs and kisses - I can never get enough!!!
  4. My parents - individually and collectively - they have been and continue to be such a tremendous example to me of love, sacrifice, patience, godliness, and so many other things - a post all its own.
  5. My grandma - she is, again, in the hospital. I talked to her yesterday and had an opportunity to tell her how much I love her and what a tremendous impact she has had on my life. I hope to be able to sit down with her again and share my heart. I don't know how much longer she will be here and I am reminded to take each day captive and tell her how much I love her.
  6. My brothers and their families - God has been so gracious to give me two of the best brothers in the entire world - yes, there were times I would have gladly shipped Danny off to a foreign country, but God knew that I would need these two men in my life. I prayed and prayed for a sister and God sent me Peter - Praise the Lord, He knew that I wouldn't be good with a sister. And then God sent them each a wonderful wife! I am so thankful for my sister-in-laws - they are such a great balance to my brothers and make them better men. I am thankful for their friendship!
  7. My nieces and nephews - what a blessing they have been in my life. Laura and Megan (while technically my second cousins, they are my nieces) were the first to enter this crazy family and what fun we have had ever since. I also got two great nephews from my husband and what sweet boys they are - they are so patient and play with Ellie and Lily and do whatever those little girls say.
    I also have the sweetest nieces and nephew from my brother - Alyssa, Parker, and Reagan, what a joy they are and . . . what to say - I love them all so much!!!
  8. My family - family is very important to me - my cousin is my best friend and I could not live without her!! God has blessed me with the best family in the world, whether it is my own family, my in-laws, my extended family - I am thankful to have them all!!!
  9. My friends - I have great friends - friends who call just to see how I am doing when they hear that my grandma is in the hospital - so sweet! Friends that go scrapbooking with me. Friends to build great memories with!
  10. Food- What would Thanksgiving be without the food???? I don't know!
I pray that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving - full of love, gratitude, and FOOD!!!


1 comment:

Kelli I. said...

We are thankful for you and Flavio! The pictures of your girls are beautiful. We are counting the days until we see you...

Jon and Kelli