Wednesday, November 7, 2007

What 7-0-0 rule?!?!?! Did we have one of those?

Ok, so my dear friend in Chicago, Kelli (miss you and can't wait to see you guys this Christmas! Yeah!!!) she had instituted the "7-0-0 Rule" in their house. What is the "7-0-0 Rule"? Well, kids can't get out of bed until 7-0-0, aka 7:00am! Great rule! We have a digital clock in Ellie's room and below it a piece of paper indicating what the clock will look like at 7:00 - if it is a match she can get up. So, this rule has worked splendidly for the past year and a half or so, that is until . . . Sunday! What happened Sunday, you ask? Aside from the time change, Lily is now in Ellie's bedroom - remember that oh so brilliant idea that I had!?!?! I am beginning to think it was not such a moment of genius rather a lapse in serious judgment, because Lily likes to get up at around 6:15 - not so bad when she was in her own room because she would play quietly in her crib and sometimes even fall back to sleep for a bit, but now . . . her sister is just feet away! Who would want to play or read or even go back to sleep when you could talk to your sissy???? Not Lily! So we wake up to Lily talking, which is so cute, but not at 6am!!!!! The first morning was church, so it worked out ok - we had to get up earlier than normal anyways, second day I ran in and grabbed her so she wouldn't wake Ellie up. Today, Flavio went in and put Lily in Ellie's bed (since she was awake, no doubt due to Lily) - they played for a little bit and then got up - no it wasn't 7-0-0! What to do, what to do???? Hopefully this early rise and shine is primarily due to the time change and will correct itself in a few more days. Yeah, right! I will just keep telling myself that! I guess there are worse things that could happen . . . although waking up at 6am is not something I look forward to.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Ok, but so sweet, I went to bed late last night - helping Mrs. Clause out with a gift Santa will be giving the girls - so Flavio took the girls downstairs and fed them breakfast. Awww! So sweet! What a good husband and daddy! He is so nice - he makes them chocolate chip waffles - I don't! So for them it was a win-win - up early and extra special breakfast.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
So yesterday, was our Master's Kids field trip to the ice skating rink, I might add that it was in a rather "interesting" neighborhood. It was near our church - if you know where our church - that is the relatively good part of Panorama City - the skating rink was in a not so good part, but by the grace of God we all left unharmed and had a good time. Ok, well, not all of us had a good time. I think Ellie would have rather had her teeth pulled out without drugs than go ice skating - I am not kidding! You would've thought I was forcing her to do the worst thing ever! I am such a terrible mom - I made her go ice skating with her friends, what can I say!?!?!? Take a look at the pics and you tell me what you think. We started out great, but quickly went downhill. What a fun memory! Haa Haa!!!


Excited about skating with Sydney Joy.

Getting ready to head out on the ice.

Not five minutes later - just a mess!

Proof that others were having fun - it was possible.

Ok, this I get - cold hands - not fun!!!

A little hot chocolate and cookies go a long way to make a girl happy again.

Here is the real kicker - Flavio asked her if she had a good time and the answer . . . a resounding YES!!! Although she did say she didn't ever want to do that again. Sounds like a challenge to me!

2 comments:

Wendy Penberthy said...

Michelle, that is hilarious about the ice skating, ha ha!! Your girls get up SO early, that would kill me! I like the pics at the rink, they are sooo cute!

Kelli said...

Michelle, Loved reading your blog! Did you know that when Rob and Dawn stayed with the Iverson kids they turned the clocks back so they would stay in their rooms for another half hour! Genius! Kelli E.