Thursday, January 10, 2008

anything interesting happen to you????

Well, as a matter of fact . . . YES!!!!
Yesterday started out as any other day - my neighbor brought her girls over (we swap on wednesdays so she can work in her older daughter's classroom - anyways . . .), they went home, we ran some errands and got home around 1pm. SO . . . I walk upstairs to put Lily in her crib for her nap and as I was walking up the stairs something seemed . . . well, out of order . . . and then it HIT ME!!! The shelves above my computer in our office niche had come CRASHING down along with ALL of the boxes, supplies, scrapbooks, papers, you name it that were being held off of the ground by them. I am only sad that I didn't grab my camera and take a picture - so unlike me!!!

I must say I think that Flavio may have something to do with it . . . I am still trying to figure out where he was between 11a and 1p yesterday . . . I mean he says he was at work . . . but, he has been pressing me to CLEAN THE OFFICE so you can understand my suspicions!!!

So, an hour or so and a very full trash bag later I was finished with the preliminary clean-up.

I thought I should call my "contractor" who put the shelves up to see if I might have any recourse against him and his "work", but after talking to him for a few minutes and explaining the situation he informed me that there was nothing that I could do and I had probably put too much weight on the shelves . . . well . . . needless to say I was not happy by that response, but really what am I supposed to do - that is the price you pay for "hiring" your dad!!! :o) Come to think of it . . . I don't think I paid him!!!

So that was my fun afternoon yesterday - anyone have a fun story I'd love to hear it - post a comment.
Here's to a less eventful day!

1 comment:

Jenny M. said...

That Flavio...very suspicious ;-)

Not too long ago Brian and I went to bed and it practically collapsed to the floor and about gave me a heart attack! Must be that sympathy weight he gained along with me during pregnancy!