Wednesday, January 16, 2008

lily's new word

Over the past few days I have heard Lily saying this word, and not really sure I was hearing what I thought I was hearing . . . that is, until today! Yes, my sweet little girl has added a new word to her vocabulary - I am not really certain what the word means but the pronunciation is certain - the word sounds an awful like another word, one I don't think I have or ever will utter. You know, the one that sounds like F**K - you figure it out!!!

I am trying to figure out what she is saying. When she says the word I look around to see if there is something that has the same sounds, beginning, middle or end, but I cannot find anything. She was holding a stuffed squirrel today and repeating this lovely word - well, in all honesty I kept asking her what it was so I could hear what she was saying :o)


When my niece was about the same age she used the same blessed word for her fork - that was so hysterical! Of course, we had to hold up a fork and ask her "what is this?" just so we could hear the awful word come out of our precious and pure little one's mouth.

I must say it is only funny if those words are not a part of your vocabulary.

When I figure out what she is saying I will get it on video, camera phone, and then post it on my blog. Gotta document!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your girls are just adorable. And that's hilarious. Katy has a couple of words too that don't sound right, but they make sense to her. She says d**n for "down" and s*x for "socks." I think I've partially succeeded to stop her from saying the latter, but now she says, "ocks." I think I'm confusing my little girl L:-). Anywho, it's good to finally get to visit your blog. I looked at your Etsy store, you make beautiful things. And you just learned to sew last year? You definitely have your mom's talent.

Say hi to Flav,
Nina

emily said...

Too funny. Kaiden said the same word when speaking of the book Fox in Socks...only it wasn't fox.