Tuesday, January 29, 2008

mission: organization!

Ok, so if you know me - I mean really know me - you know that I am NOT at all an organized person! I have moments, brief as they might be, but moments of organization. I can organize someone else, I love organizing someone else's stuff. I just helped my cousin get her house ready for their baby - it is so easy to throw someone else's junk, um, I mean treasures, away. And I don't really have that much trouble throwing my own rubbage away - it is just that day-in, day-out junk that piles up. I say that I am a piler (not sure if that is a word) - I move my piles around the house. The piles shrink ever so slightly, but they still remain and it really drives me absolutely batty!!!!! So, I enlisted Flavio for his support! I would like to think that the only reason my house is in disarray is because of his suits and paraphernalia lying around the house and not at all due to me in any way shape or form. So, I am tired, frustrated, annoyed, you choose, of the clutter around the house - I started on Sunday with our bedroom - there was one corner that just collected stuff - a box that had been there from when we moved in two years ago and then just other things that have piled up. This is my mission - I want to get the house in order and figure out some system that makes sense to my pea-sized brain and that I can follow through with! I have plenty of room to store the stuff I just need a better system or rather I need a system!!!

So, that is my plan - you can keep me accountable - and I would love your suggestions! I am sure that I have strengths in some areas of my life (still trying to figure those out) but the neat, orderly, organized gene completely skipped me and went right to my brother - who married a wonderfully organized woman. I wish they could give me a little of their gene . . . until scientists figure out how to do that I am stuck with the ones I've got.

Happy sleeping to you all - off to dream about a thoroughly organized house!

No comments: