Friday, January 11, 2008

challenged

Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world,
but be transformed by the renewal of you mind,
that by testing you may discern what is the will of God,
what is good and acceptable and perfect.

My dear, old (not OLD, but just a friend I have known for about 20 years) friend, Amy, was here this last week and we were able to carve out a few hours to meet up for coffee (although Ellie was a bit confused because I don't drink coffee, but she, Ellie, told me I could have tea :o) - anyways, it was a great time to sit and talk without children around to interrupt! We talked about everything, but mostly things of a spiritual nature and she sure challenged me more than she probably realized! My God is a BIG God, He is the creator of the universe, giver and taker of life, King of kings and Lord of lords and way too often I think that He is the one in need of my help! Yeah right!!!!!

I love this verse - I have been set apart by the Lord God Almighty and I need to be spending less time in the things of this world, as it is going to pass, and more time renewing my mind so that I might be able to better discern the will of God for my life and my family!

I am so blessed to have Amy and many others like her in my life to challenge me and so many of you challenge me and my walk with the Lord without even knowing it! Which makes me wonder if I am doing the same? Is my life one that others would want to emulate? or are they looking at me as a "What NOT to do?" - goodness I hope not!!!

I was reading in Matthew 7 today - where it says that not everyone who says to the Lord - "Lord, Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven - (Matt 7:21-23) always a frightening thought . . . but then Jesus goes on to say in verses 24-27
24 "Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
25
And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.
26
And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.
27
And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it."
So my question to you is . . . are you the wise man or the foolish man? Are you firmly planted upon the Rock - meaning the Word of God? Have you surrendered your life fully and completely to His will and as Romans 12:2 says not conformed to this world, but transformed by the Word of God? My heart's desire is that you know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and that you will spend eternity with God in Heaven!

The imagery of a house on the sand is very easy to understand for those of us in sunny Southern California - we see the water eroding away at the sand year after year and how it can easily overcome anything without a firm foundation.

I do pray for you who do not know Christ that you would feel a tugging at your heart and that you would desire to spend all the days of your life serving Him. If you are feeling that tugging please don't ignore it - you know where to find me!

Love to you all and have a great weekend!!!

No comments: