Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

This weekend was really special . . . Flavio was off all weekend!!!! Yeah!!! We had a great time - we went to the park, the girls rode their bikes, they cleaned and vacuumed for me :o), we spent time together - that was the best! My mom was so sweet and offered her babysitting services for Saturday night (at a special Mother's Day weekend rate - so generous :o), but I really just wanted to spend time with Flav and the girls - thanks anyways, we will take you up on your offer another time!

Ellie is at the age where she is understanding the holidays - she kept seeing all of the commercials for Mother's Day - she was asking me if she could get me flowers - I said, "of course!!!", but told her she had to talk to daddy - cause he was in charge of this. She wanted to make me a special breakfast of eggs with chocolate chips - yummy!!! We nixed that at settled for Dutch Babies (a family favorite), but since Ellie and Flav don't know how to make it I cooked while they "cleaned".

I always knew I wanted to be a mom, but that is because God surrounded me with some pretty remarkable women. My mom!!! I cannot begin to express how much I love my mom and how much she means to me! If you know her - you know that she is so giving of herself, her time, her resources - everything! If I call ask what she is doing she says, without fail, what do you need? I can remember her carting my brothers and I from one end of the valley to the other without complaining. I've heard her say, on more than one occasion, how much she loved being a mom! Now, why wouldn't I want to do the same thing??? I have large shoes to fill and pray that I can do half the job she has done. I love you mom and am so thankful for you and your godly example to me and my daughters!

I am doubly blessed to have my grandma - aka. grammie great! She has been at every minor and major event in my life! She amazes in me in so many ways, but mostly her strength! I know that she would attribute that to the Lord and I find her absolutely remarkable - I pray that my faith in God is as strong as hers, I pray that I turn to the Lord in all things as I have seen her do, I thank God for giving me such an amazing grandma and for preserving her life so that my daughters can glean from her.

To my wonderful aunts - I cherish you and thank you for the tremendous impression you have made upon my life. You will never know how much you have influenced my life.

Enough sappiness!!

I hope you all had a blessed Mother's Day!!!

Me and my girls

Ellie Grace the day she was born

Lily Joy - I know this is silly, but it cracks me up!

1 comment:

Kelli I. said...

Beautiful Words and Beautiful Pictures! You are such a terrific mommy to your little sweeties.

Love,
Kelli

P.S. Your hair looks great!