Monday, June 16, 2008

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

I know I'm a day late . . . but, better late than never (as my mom always says!!!) ~ Flav had to work on Father's Day - apparently people want to buy cars for their dads.

The girls were so excited to wish him a Happy Father's Day when they saw him. He is such a great daddy! It is so cute to see the three of them all cuddled up together - talking, playing, giggling, watching sports (yes, he's already started brainwashing, I mean, training them on the finery of sports) - I think the cutest time is when he gets home and the girls have to "hide" - mind you they are 5 and 2 so the concept of hiding quietly has totally alluded them . . . but, they generally hide under the dining room table, under the blanket on the couch, or in the bathroom . . . no matter where they hide as soon as they hear him walk through the door the SCREAM!!! Screams of joy and excitement ~ and the "tickle me's" that come are too much! Earlier in the week Flav took both the girls on a date ~ he has always taken Ellie with him to get his haircut - they get a donut, go to the barber, run some errands, and just hang out for a little while . . . well, last Wednesday, Lily was included on the date. She was beside herself - she even recalled the adventure by saying "no mama" - meaning it was a time without mama.

I love the little ways that he shows the girls he loves them and that they are the most important things on this earth to him!

And to my dad . . . well, I just hope you know how much I love you and what a tremendous impact you have had on my life. Thank you for not compromising and for living a godly life! I love you!

No comments: