Wednesday, June 4, 2008

this is what happens when . . .

I started this post yesterday and I was going to title it something like -"my girls, the park, and yummy chicken", that is until . . . this morning . . .

flashback to about 10:30 this morning - I am on the phone with my friend and the girls are playing away - having a great time, very few scuffles to think of. All of a sudden - I'm not sure exactly how this happened, but somehow Lily is in front of my with . . . drumroll please . . . the brightest, pinkest cheeks!!!! WHAT???? I quickly realize that she and her big sister have been "body painting" with the toothpaste! Fortunately, the painting was relegated to cheeks and the bathroom counter . . . if there is a positive note to this story.

I am totally shocked, but my wits are about me enough to know that I HAVE TO GET THE CAMERA and then we can discuss the wrongness (if that is even a word) of this little painting project.

So . . . here they are.



Does this make anyone else wonder what exactly is IN
this toothpaste to cause such an unnatural shade of pink?


Now, on to what I was working on before . . . girls, park, and yummy chicken

Tuesday we "converted" Lily's crib into a toddler bed of sorts (it isn't sold as a convertible, but I figured this out with Ellie . . .) - she couldn't wait to take her daddy upstairs and show him "mine new bed, dada!" So cute!!! She has been told that she is NOT, under any circumstances, to get out of her bed without mama or dada helping her! We don't like the kids just roaming around . . . anyways, this afternoon Ellie comes downstairs around 2:30 (middle of "map pime" - translation: nap time) and says "Lily got out of her bed and came to mine and woke me up!" Apparently, she didn't understand the rules the first time!

Here are a few pics of the park and as for the yummy chicken . . . well, I always like getting a whole chicken, but it just seems like I can never get it quite right - the white meat is dry, there just isn't enough flavor and so on, but this time I decided to try it in my crockpot . . . so good. In fact, Flav asked for seconds!!! That is huge as he isn't a big chicken fan. I guess if you put enough salt, pepper, garlic, lemons, rosemary, olive oil, carrots, and celery in with the chicken it tastes delicious!!! Just don't forget to take the liver, heart, and other disgusting organs OUT!

Lily and Ellie trying out the "new" bed
not a great picture, I know, but they were being so silly and wouldn't sit still.

finally I get a picture of that precious girl!
Love the "frashy" hair

my little model - she did this herself

what-a-ham!!! Love the snot running down her nose!
Playing at the Park


Lily came up with this outfit on her own!


notice the band-aid?
well, that would be a mommy-inflicted wound
I pinched her skin trying to get her bike helmet on
(btw. . .that was last week, but the injury was so great she has had to have a bandage on!!!)


yea, we're at the park!



it might be just me. . . but I think she is beautiful!

5 comments:

Kelli I. said...

Your girls are gorgeous! You are such a great photographer. Next time our whole fam comes out, we'll schedule a photo shoot with you.

michelle said...

i would totally love that!!!! and thanks - your kiddos aren't so bad either!
miss you guys!

Jenny M. said...

So funny Michelle! I love this post...I am still laughing. Love the realness and your honesty! Your pictures are amazing!

michelle said...

you are so sweet! Thanks! girls will be girls. . . i guess! and I'm sure we've all wondered what it would be like to shmear bright pink princess toothpaste all over our faces . . .heaven knows I've wanted to many times! ha ha!!!
love your updates on your precious Olivia . . .and the cheeks! keep 'em comin' - the posts, the babies - however you want to take that :o)
~mc

Anonymous said...

Ha!! Didn't realize how much they had put on when I was talking to you!! Maybe they thought it was like putting on blush!!
The pictures you take are SO good. Can't wait for our Leonard boy photo shoot!!