Wednesday, February 27, 2008

almost two!


Two years ago today I was anxiously awaiting the birth of our second child. We didn't know whether we would be having another little girl or welcoming a little boy . . . either way we couldn't wait to meet this new little person. I was pretty convinced that it was a boy, not sure why, and Flavio was pretty sure it was a girl!

We had to be at the hospital at midnight to be induced - our little one was 10 days overdue!!! We dropped Ellie off with Uncle Jeff and Auntie Beth for a slumber party with Ethan and off we went to gather our bags for the hospital. Long story short at 9:21am on February 28th, 2006 we welcomed our precious Lilian "Lily" Joy into the world! Our lives have never been the same and only bettered because of her!

It doesn't seem possible that that was one day shy of two years ago - in some ways it feels like yesterday and in others I can't imagine that there was ever a time without her!

Lily,
I love you so much and am so thankful that God brought you to us two years ago! You are a bright little flower - bold and strong and beautiful! I pray that you will come to know Jesus as your Lord and Savior and that He will be your strength. You are a precious little girl! I love watching you grow and learn. I love hearing you sing and watching you dance. You are discovering the world around you and I am so thankful that I am able to watch each new discovery and see your face light up as you experience something for the very first time!

How do I love thee, let me count the ways . . .

  • you are tender and sweet
  • and rough and tumble
  • you love your sissy and want to do what she is doing, but you ARE your own person
  • you are loud and funny and silly!
  • you love to give hugs and kisses
  • you still love to be held (all the time if I could do it!)
  • you love your shoes
  • you love to talk! I love hearing you put your words together- you are really getting the hang of talking!!
  • you have the sweetest laugh! I could listen to it for hours!
  • you love to sing
  • you love to discover
  • you love your sissy, daddy, and mommy!
just to name a few!

Happy 2nd Birthday!
I love you little girl!

Love, Mama

I know I'm a day early, but we won't be home tomorrow, so I will celebrate her birthday here today!!!

2 comments:

Kelli I. said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Lily! We hope you have a special day. You will love being 2!

Love,
The Iverson's

Tilly said...

Happy Birthday Dear Lily!!!
You are a joy and we love you dearly. Two years have flown by...and you are such a capable 2 year old. It is SO fun to hear you talk...and I am quite sure that between you and your sister...we will have very little time to put in our two cents!!! It is so wonderful to see how you love your Big Sister...and how dearly she loves you.
Papa and I pray that you grow to love Jesus Christ and know Him as your Lord and Savior. That you would obey Him and put Him first in your life.
We love you little Lily...more than you'll probably ever know!!
Love,
Papa and Tilly
PS....Can't wait to hear how beautiful you looked as a Flower Girl. I am quite sure that you and Ellie will be A-dorable!!!!