Monday, February 4, 2008

building memories

I love the time after I have put Lily to bed and before Ellie goes to bed. We usually come downstairs, she gets a little treat, I pick up the kitchen, and then we read or play a game or just sit on the couch together.

Well, tonight she wanted to play Go Fish. I love this game, because it is something that she can play without help. As we were playing cross-legged on the couch I kept looking at her and thinking what a beautiful little girl she is. I love her smile that lights up her precious little face. I love how her eyes sparkle when she has gotten the match she was looking for or when she is able to get the card she was looking for from me. Or the little mischevious grin she gets when she knows she has gotten a card that I have and is just waiting her turn.

Growing up we used to say we were "building memories" - usually when we wanted to do something and my dad was a bit reluctant - well, tonight, as I sat there, I just thought about the wonderful memory I was building with my little girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That just warms your heart! My nieces are so blessed to have such a wonderful mother.
K~

michelle said...

ahhh thanks! They are both pretty blessed with amazing aunties and uncles, grandmas and grandpas, and oodles of cousins who love them!