Monday, February 25, 2008

registered

Ellie is officially registered for kindergarten! Boo Hoo!!!!!

As I sat there waiting for the registration to begin I was talking to a couple of the moms and listening to their conversations. A couple of them were talking about day care and making sure that they got their little ones signed up and the whole preschool conversation came up (I kept my mouth shut - hard for me to do), anyways, they were talking about how much day care/preschool costs each year - about $10k!!!! I was shocked and said something to that effect. One of the mom's proceeded to say how she just wouldn't be able to stay home with her kids - she was home with them this weekend (hubby was working or something) and she was ready to kill them - they were driving her crazy!!! I was so saddened!!! Yeah, staying home is no walk in the park, but I couldn't imagine leaving my girls with anyone all day, everyday!!!! (yes, I understand that there are mommies out there that don't have a choice - you are NOT who I am talking about!!)

I was so thankful for my mom and that she instilled in us how much she loved us and loved being home with us - because of her I wanted to do the same thing! I don't think I can match her in any way - she was and is a phenomenal mom - but she gave me a great goal to strive for. My mom was always so happy for vacations and so sad when we had to go back to school I always felt that my mom wanted us around - she NEVER was the one jumping up and down when summer was over - she was the one crying that we had to go back to school and the fun was over. All that to say, I am so thankful that I get to be home with my adorable, silly, crazy, loud, loving, funny little girls and I wouldn't trade one little moment with them!

Thanks Flav!!! :o)

4 comments:

Kelli I. said...

I couldn't agree more! Thanks for the sweet reminder of the joy that we receive each day by raising our children. You are a great mom and I agree with you in your kind words about your mom - She's terrific, too. We are blessed to have godly mothers and to now have the privilege to be mothers to our little ones.

Wendy Penberthy said...

Michele... I registered Jaden today too... i was SO sad to do it, it killed me. I was raised with a working mom and I have NO desire to work outside my home. I miss my kids so much when I am away from them. I can understand everything you said!! Our husbands are wonderful for letting us be at home, huh??!! Where will Ellie go to school?

Tilly said...

and I thank MY mom...for her amazing example to me....because of her love for her girls...that is ALL I ever desired to be...a wife and a mother...and God granted me both. We have been given HUGE shoes to fill!!!
I love you....
Mom
and "Butterfly Kisses" made it almost impossible to read your blog...(hard to read thru tears)

Tilly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.