Friday, February 15, 2008

happy valentine's day

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! We did!!!

Flavio surprised us with a date! He told me he had the day off and that he had planned a date with his girls - ahhh, so cute! It was a real treat to actually have him off and then to get to do some fun things.

I will post some pictures in a little bit - that's for Karla! :o)

The day started with Flavio taking Ellie Grace with him to get his hair cut - a fun thing he enjoys doing with Ellie - they usually get a donut, but we had just had breakfast.

Lily and I got ready and packed a lunch for our adventure - I thought we were going to Disneyland - that would've been a shock - seeing as Flavio doesn't like Disneyland (that is putting it nicely). Anyways, we loaded up the car - not sure where we were going I grabbed a few extra things - jammies and jackets. We ended up at this cute little park in Beverly Hills - Holmby Park. It kinda reminded me of an extremely small Central Park (the real one, not the one in Santa Clarita) - we could see a few skyscrapers, but felt totally tucked away. The girls had a blast - mostly because there daddy was with them at the park! It was so cute to see them want him to push them on the swings and go on the slides and just run around with. Attached to the park is a small golf course - I mean small - just a fun little place to practice - we walked around this little course. There were dogs everywhere, much to Ellie and Lily's delight. We ate our lunch and then headed off to our next point of interest - Sprinkles!

Ellie and I waited in line for an hour, yes, you read that right - 60 minutes - for cupcakes! I have to be honest - their cupcakes are good, but I think I like mine better :o) and I don't have to wait in a long line for mine, but it was fun and something that Flavio knew I would want to do!

We did have to squeeze a little work into our day, but that was fine cause it took us to Malibu. We spent a little time by the beach - the girls loved running around on this little bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean - we saw about 4 or 5 dolphins swimming - such a beautiful sight! Amazing to see the beauty that God has created!

After Malibu it was back to the santa clarita valley for the castros. It was a fun day! What better way to spend Valentine's Day then with the people I love the most!
Thanks babe for a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

those cupcakes look yummy...and yours are better???? send recipes :O)
way to go Flavio!!! what a blast for the kids.