Friday, February 1, 2008

BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN!!!

On Thursday, Ellie and I headed down to Disneyland - she was invited to a birthday party there! Gotta love having a pass!!! (as a side note - need a birthday idea for Ellie - she would love to get her pass renewed - so Disney Dollars would be great!) So, off we went to the Mouse House! It was a party from the get go - we picked up her bestest little friend Sydney and her mama. The girls watched The Little Mermaid all the way down, Jodi and I talked, it was great! We met up with all of the other girls and went on all of our favorite rides - dumbo (ok, not my fave, but I didn't have to go on it Yea!), storybook ride, casey jr, tea cups, and as we got off the tea cups one of the girls decided that she wanted to go on Matterhorn - so Ellie decided that she did too!! I was really surprised, but I figured we should jump at the chance since my dear little girl is a bit timid when it comes to bigger rides. Unfortunately, Matterhorn was closed - I actually think it is closed more than it is opened. Well, I figured that this is my opportunity to see about getting her on some bigger rides.

Most everyone left at 3pm - but there were six of us who stayed on - three little girls and their mamas. We had a BLAST!!! We went over to California Adventure - saw the Aladdin show - really well done, went on Flavio's favorite ride - Soarin' over California (again, not my fave, but I did it for my girl), then back to Disneyland we went. We all decided to go on the train ride (aka Big Thunder Mountain) - I thought the name might scare Ellie a bit so we just called it the train ride - she asked if it was like Thomas the Train - I said sorta! I didn't want her to see how fast the train went for fear she'd chicken out - fortunately it was dark so she couldn't see. We got on the train and she had the time of her life! She put her hands in the air and screamed for joy! It was the cutest thing! The girls all loved it so much we went on it again!!! I am so proud of my little girl! I think she will be surprised when we go on it during the day next time - it is a big roller coaster.



We thought about going to Space Mountain next, but . . . didn't want to scar the girls for life - that one is a serious ride and in the dark the entire time - maybe we will do that one next year!

1 comment:

carolina clan said...

Hey Michelle!
Looks like you had a blast...that's one thing I have to admit I miss way out here in South Carolina is Disney passes! We love Disney! We go to Disneyworld now...but it's a 7 hour drive.
Anyway, too cute!!!
Love, Sandy